How to Train your Puppy to Like Being Brushed

How to Train your Puppy to Like Being Brushed

Do you actually avoid brushing your dog just because it's a difficult procedure or maybe they're even a little bit aggressive with you well I want to share with you today a really simple way to start getting your dog comfortable being brushed especially if they're a puppy today I'm gonna talk about a little bit about how to get them used to being groomed here that's gonna need some brushing especially when she gets older it's gonna be thick it's a double she's a double coated breed so there's gonna be a lot of hair coming out especially in spring and fall now every dog is like most puppies though and when you touch her with the brush she likes to eat the brush so so what tip it what can what can commonly happen when you brush them is they turn into little alligators and try and eat the brush so what I'm gonna do for dog to get her used to being brushed is I'm gonna pair brushing with some treats initially.

so I'm gonna run the brush down her body and then I'm gonna give her a treat and then I'm gonna run the brush down her body and give her a treat so really really simply brushing does not equal biting my or does not mean play it actually means you're gonna get a cookie good girl so I Congressional different directions now she's already got a really thick coat and there's a few little little tangles is where the two different types of coats that she has are kind of starting or combining a little bit here so there's a little bit of pulling when.

when I brush her so that's obviously just like if you were brushing your own hair would be a little uncomfortable for her it can be uncomfortable so I'm gonna be quite mindful of that when I am giving her a brush good girl so she's got to have the brushes first I'm gonna run the brush down her back and give her a cookie now the better she gets at this the more times I can brush her in between those cookies so long as she's relaxed now if I do it for too long and don't give her any feedback what's gonna happen of course she's gonna go back to biting my brush which is not what I want so I'm gonna give her a couple of brushes and give her a cookie good girl and this time let's see if I can do four good girl and then I'll give her a cookie and this time I'll just go back to doing one run the brush downer and give her a cookie and you'll find some dogs are more sensitive about certain.

certain parts of their bodies being brushed than others some dogs are very back-end sensitive some dogs are sensitive about their back so you might have to be there most dogs are fairly sensitive about their tails so be mindful when you are brushing those parts of their bodies that you're not doing it hard or if you get a tangle that you just go a little bit slower again now I'm just gonna pop her harness of course that's getting in my way while I'm brushing her here so that's it so now I can brush her a little chest and give her a cookie and I'm gonna do three on her back this time and give her a cookie nice work do another few on her back and give her a cookie now if I want her to stand up I'm just gonna have her follow this cookie good girl and the bums tend to be a little bit of a sensitive area so I'm gonna nice and back up again good girl.

I'm gonna brush her bum a little bit and give her a cookie now most dogs will sit down when they're a little bit uncomfortable with something going on back there if you're doing something they don't like or if it's painful or you sometimes see it when one dog approaches another and spends a little bit too much time back there so sitting is just her way of saying I don't really love that so it's a subtle way of her saying that so I'm gonna I'm gonna listen to that and not push it too much farther for her because then it'll just turn into her biting the brush again and this is a pretty soft brush it's a rubber bristles with rubber tips on them and so it's a nice gentle brush.

to start with those wire slicker brushes that have the bent metal fingers those ones are obviously can be a little bit more uncomfortable so just be mindful if you've got one of those and that's the brush that you're starting with so this particular training session is not actually about getting her groomed properly right off the bat it's really about getting her comfortable being groomed and the more comfortable she gets the better I can get with my grooming so that is how you start teaching them to get brushed
Continue Reading On Next Page

Comments

Please Like

Stories You Must Read

Dog Training and The Love Fallacy

Dog Bite Lawyer in San Diego

Dog Leads The Police To His Owner For Help

The Best and Worst Foods for Your Dog

Harmful Food Causes for Dog to Crying Out In Pain!

5 Thing Never Do To Your Dog

The Basics to Train Any Dog

[Step By Step] How to make Dog Treats!